interested

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
meadow

interested

Postby meadow » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:45 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I can relate to this in my experience with meditation and learning to be the watcher of my own experience. I love being out of my mind and in direct experience with what is. My mind can be too active, expecially when I am trying to calm it and move away and it feels it needs attention. I am much more content with I am able to get out of my own way.

What are you looking for at LU?
Freedom from limiting thoughts that hinder my experiences and growth. Freedom from attachment to my stories and the lies my ego spins. When I am able to be fully in the current moment my creativity flourishes and my spirit feels connected...this is what I am looking for more of.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I am learning to let go of expectations and live with what is so I guess I would hope to have a conversation that deepens my connection to the whole. I am a believer in kindness. I am a believer we are all connected and and have always believed that.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Lifetime seeker. I enjoy Buddhist philosophy, I love the power of magic and have also taken that path, I love the path of kindness. I love working with energy and enjoy the connection it brings me with people. I love knowing what I know, even when I can't explain it.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Bananafish

Re: interested

Postby Bananafish » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 am

Hi meadow! Welcome to LU.
My name is Bananafish, and would be glad to her your guide.

I can relate to this in my experience with meditation and learning to be the watcher of my own experience. I love being out of my mind and in direct experience with what is. My mind can be too active, expecially when I am trying to calm it and move away and it feels it needs attention. I am much more content with I am able to get out of my own way.

Thanks for the intro, and the above part quoted contains lots of points we can
have a look together. If you are ready, can we start by investigating where the "watcher" of
experience is?

When you're typing your reply, where is the "watcher"?
Can you point at it?

meadow

Postby meadow » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 pm

I experience the watcher, or observer, as what was before and will be after this particular experience of my journey...this human experience and the attachments it brings to the direct experience with the sensual. I notice if I am able to stay in a state of gratitude for every experience, regardless of how it might be labeled, I am able to live more fully. When I try to point at the watcher, observer....dissipation...like trying to save snow...

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Thanks, meadow.

I experience the watcher,

What is experiencing the watcher?
Can you point at the one who is experiencing the watcher? Where is it?

meadow

Postby meadow » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:01 pm

well...if you have heard the story of the few people that were blind and tried to describe an elephant from the limited points of view they had with their small scopes of reference then my trying to describe my experience of watcher, witness, or observer is along those lines.
It is like the pause to be taken before being hooked into drama, chaos or a poor choice...of which I've made a few in my lifetime...however, being able to learn from so many wonderful people, being teachable, has been trans formative for me in my life.
I don't know how clear that is to understand but putting more words to the explanation seems to only cloud it up.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi!

Please point to the "watcher" with
your finger. No putting words, just pointing.

What is there?

meadow

Postby meadow » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 pm

I'm unable to point a finger at the intangible, the watcher is essence.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 am

I'm unable to point a finger at the intangible, the watcher is essence.

Ok, it couldn't be pointed at, right?

Now ...

If the watcher has no location, how do you perceive that thing you call "essence"? How does it exist? As thought, sensation, imagination, color, or ... ?

meadow

Postby meadow » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Unable to point at essence...is all those things and none of them...unable to decribe...

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Without resorting to thoughts, ideas and imagination where is what you call "the essence"?

How could you say that it exists?

Is it more than just a fantasy?

meadow

Postby meadow » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Eluseve...like faith...intangible...basically I just don't know...when I am in the flow, I just know...when I'm not...well......I have come to rely on the guidance of unseeable, intangible energies...been here awhile and this is what "connects" me.

This is somewhat like rying to capture feelings in a bottle...

Fascinates me...thank you for sharing this space with me, I appreciate you.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Well, to this point, all I see in your post is pure fantasy, and I'm here to break it ...
I'm afraid I have to say that you are escaping into fiction in order not to look at reality. :)

There isn't such thing called the "essence."

Or, I would say the "essence" is a cockroach I saw in the bathroom a while ago.

How do you feel to hear this?

meadow

Postby meadow » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Very interesting comments. Everyone's experience is different, everyone reaches for the truth but no one knows what it is. My feelings don't usually get hooked by someone else's opinions as that is just playing in the egoic realm.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Please don't get me wrong; I'm not making fun of you or being disrespectful, but
are you aware that you're just playing in the fantastic realm?

Would you admit that all you posted are imagination?

meadow

Postby meadow » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Maybe... Somewhat... I've always felt like I've spent my life in two different dimensions simultaneously.

Return to “THE GATE”