breaking free

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
mehrdadz

breaking free

Postby mehrdadz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?

I understand that "I" is just a concept, not a reality. At this stage, I understand this only logically and conceptually, and I would like to experience it as well.

What are you looking for at LU?

I am looking for a way to break free of the concept of "I". I want to see the illusion for what it is and what it isn't. i feel stagnated in my experience of life and have reached a point where I don't see the joy and grandness of life.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?

I expect that by being in a guided conversation with a third party, I will become more clear and aware of my non existence. I truly believe that so much of the suffering that I experience in my life is due to the illusion of "I".

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?

I have done Reiki, meditation, regression and countless books on spirituality and religion.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

poshgeek

Re: breaking free

Postby poshgeek » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:45 am

Dear mehrdadz

Welcome to LU forum!

We can have a conversation and see where it takes you. All I ask of you is to be completely honest and write from your experience alone. Not from what you have learned so far, but what you can observe yourself right now. Set aside all other spiritually related materials during our time together. And let me know what goes on with „you“ :)

This is your process, I can show the way, but you are the one to do all the work.

Let’s dive right in:
I truly believe that so much of the suffering that I experience in my life is due to the illusion of „I".
Do you expect to see life as joy and grandness after this process? Do you expect your suffering to end after seeing through the illusion? What are you really looking for, the end of suffering or no self? Life is complex, so maybe both? Could you give each a percentage? Be honest (to yourself) :)

Looking forward to our conversation.

Love, p

mehrdadz

Postby mehrdadz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 am

I expect after seeing the illusion of "I", to be in a state of an inherent joy, not the type that results from achieving an external object, goal or event, but being in a state of calm ecstasy which comes from freedom- freedom from ego, self, I, whatever you might call it.

I believe at this stage, that being able to see there is really no "self" will lead to the end of suffering that is associated with it. I can not put a percentage of my desire to have no suffering vs seeing the illusion of "I", because the former is the consequence of the latter, one follows the other. My main objective is to see the illusion of "self", the by-product of which is the end of suffering and a state of constant joy.

poshgeek

Postby poshgeek » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:12 am

Ok then, please list all your expectations for awakening.

Love, p

mehrdadz

Postby mehrdadz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:10 am

I expect that once I am awakened, the suffering and all the turbulance associated with the "self" will disappear, there is a state of being calm and happy, no envy, no regrets, no frustration and most importantly no judgment. These are all attributes of the "self".

poshgeek

Postby poshgeek » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Dear mehrdadz

nothing will change!

I quote our FAQ:
If you hope to enter a life of unending bliss and only happy feelings, you’re going to be disappointed. Life will go on as before.

In detail:
  • the suffering associated with the "self" will disappear - yes you are right, it will, but the ramifications will not be what you expect
  • Nothing changes
  • Life will go on as before
  • What changes is how we view events
  • envy, regrets, frustration and judgment are human emotions. As long as you are human, you will have emotions, including the „negative“ emotions.
  • a state of constant joy and calm and happiness would be perfection. As long as you are human, you will not live in perfection

Are you ready to put your expectations aside for this process?

Love, p

mehrdadz

Postby mehrdadz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:00 pm

-I do not expect to enter a utopia or a Shangri-la or a state of constant bliss all of a sudden as a result of awakening.
-I do not expect all the emotions associated with being human, Especially the negative emotions, to go away and disappear completely.
- I do realize that things will not change, but my view about them will.
- I do not expect perfection. It is a fallacy to expect that my life will be perfect after awakening.

Then my question to you is: " If you so emphatically say Nothing will change, then what am I gaining by going through this process? If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, then what is the attraction? Why would I go through it all if nothing will change? I am not looking for evangelical promises or false hopes, but there should be a reason, an incentive, an attraction for any one to want to be awakened. What is it?

poshgeek

Postby poshgeek » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Good.
Expectations can be in the way of seeing what is.

So why do it?
Truth?
I simply have no idea what it's going to be like for you and what the impact on your life will be.
Some incentive...

Do you wish to proceed?

mehrdadz

Postby mehrdadz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Yes, I am ready to proceed. I read the Q&A and am enrolled in the process.

poshgeek

Postby poshgeek » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Great! :)
no self - I understand this only logically and conceptually, and I would like to experience it as well
So in what situations do you experience self?
How do you experience it?
How does it feel?

mehrdadz

Postby mehrdadz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 am

In what situations do you experience self? Maybe in a situation where you are aware of the possibilty that our whole way of being is based on a lie which we think is real, but is just an illusion. Again, I am answering from a logical perspective.

How do you experience it? I have no idea.

How does it feel? Again I don't want to make up any preconceived opinion, so I really don't know.

poshgeek

Postby poshgeek » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 am

"There is no separate self"

What comes up when you read this statement?
Forget for the moment what you have learnt about the topic, even what you have experienced before. Just record what comes up now. What do you experience now?
What thoughts and emotions come up?

How to quote

Return to “THE GATE”