Feature Request

This forum is for users of the "Enlightening Quotes" app who need technical support for the app.
Steve

Feature Request

Postby Steve » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 am

Thanks for the nice app, which I've been running on a tablet. May I request a feature for a future version?

It would be helpful to have a Favorites menu selection, and on each page an "Add to Favorites" icon that changes to "Remove from Favorites" when that page is marked as a favorite. The Favorites menu would just display a list of all the pages marked as favorites, allowing you to tap... Ah, I see the problem. List what? Tap what? Each individual page has no title to identify it, just a position in its section.

Here's a much simpler implementation. Have no list. In fact no menu item. Simply add Favorites as a new section in the Home menu, and treat it like every other section, letting the user scroll through the pages that have been marked using the on-page icons as described above.

Thanks for considering this.

Steve

Steve

Re: Feature Request

Postby Steve » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:31 am

Nobody's monitoring this board? I see Derek hasn't been around since last November.

Regardless, I'll document a couple more small points of improvement that I've noticed while using the app:
  1. Make the text selectable so it can be copied and pasted elsewhere.
  2. Activate the standard 'Send' function so any page could be sent via email, sent to Evernote, etc.
Thanks. It's a very nice app. I hope someone steps up to make it even better.

Steve

nower

Postby nower » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:32 pm

The newer app versions have the option to mark specific quotes as favorites and to apply a filter to only display favorites.

Copying the text of a quote for a later paste is only available in the desktop versions.

On a mobile device the workaround could be to take a screen shot of a quote with the native screen shot functionality for a device, and then send the screen shot image to someone just like any other image.

Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks! It's great to know you're working on the app. Much appreciated!

Return to “Enlightening Quotes App”